Do you ever feel as though your message hasn’t gotten across? Do details get lost along the way? Have tense situations ever escalated unnecessarily? Do people buy into your ideas? It all comes down to communication. We all communicate, but few of us do it well. Jay Sullivan’s Simply Said: Communicating Better at Work and Beyond is the essential handbook for business communication.
Among the lessons you’ll learn about are:
- Shift your focus from yourself to other people
- Build a reputation as a good listener
- Develop your written and oral communications for the greatest impact
- Inspire and influence others
- Communicate more effectively in any business or social situation