We’ve all had the thought – do positive affirmations really make a difference or am I just talking myself? For clarity, positive affirmations help you to influence your thoughts which in turn allows your thoughts to give you more positive outcomes. Whether you need to stop negative thoughts, increase the success of your love life, your work life or your spiritual connection, there is the perfect affirmation for anything that needs improvement.
Positive Affirmations Help Limit Negative Thoughts
- Positive affirmations work because thoughts determine our attitudes; attitudes determine actions; and action ultimately leads to outcomes.
- The way you use positive affirmations is to focus on what you can control, and improve your mood by attracting positivity to you.
- Focus on what is positive about the situation. This will motivate you to take action, gain confidence and improve what you think you can do—and when you are sure that you can do something, you will do it.
- Positive affirmations help your mind to accept the things you want. Saying positive affirmations will also stop negative thoughts.
- Affirmations don’t produce miracles. If you simply use them without making any changes in your life—for example, using the affirmation “I am healthy and athletic” while eating tons of junk food or failing to try exercise—you won’t see any results. Help the affirmations help you!.
- When you focus on the change you want to see, it sets the stage for what you will do and can do. Take actionable steps along the way and you will feel what that goal will create in you. Love, acceptance; feeling thin, being thin; feeling rich and therefore becoming rich!
Positive Affirmations for Love
- “Love is all around me. I carry love with me wherever I go, and it surrounds me.”
- “I am never alone, and I am never lonely. Everything I need is within me.”
- “I am grateful for the love that comes into my life, and effortlessly so.”
- “Everything I want in a partner is available to me.”
Positive Affirmations for Work
- “I have complete focus and clarity about my career, and I know the steps I need to take to get there.”
- “My boss and I understand one another, and have a productive communication style. My co-workers and I bond together and work as partners, and as we do, we all benefit.”
- “I create my own ideal career with an honorable work ethic, my natural-born talents and skills, and the initiative I have to do what I love—which all shows through to my boss.”
- “Each and every day, my career and opportunities for advancement continue to grow, and I accept them and invite them into my life.”
Positive Affirmations for Health and Wellness
- “I feel energetic, alive and free of the discomfort that aging can bring. When I wake up every morning, I feel refreshed, and I welcome the day full of possibilities.
- “I am strong and fit, and I love the way that exercising makes me feel.”
- “My body feels best when I eat healthy —and it makes me feel confident that I don’t need junk food in my life anymore.”
- “I am in charge of my body—I no longer depend on fad diets or gimmicky processed foods to ease my stress. I nurture myself in a healthy way, now and always.”
A Few Last Words …
Many top thinkers have written books on how affirmations create a positive mind-body connection. While they may each have slightly different approaches they each focus on positive affirmations that will address your goals by helping you transform and stop negative thoughts by turning them into positive ones, improving your own happiness, and finding a healthy way to overcome addiction, challenges and adversity. Repeat each affirmation in the morning and right before going to bed at night. They work, and you’ll see an improvement in your life immediately!
Some other reading you might find helpful includes: