Your intuition, or that little voice in your head, is your true self advising you. Learning how to listen, and trust, that voice can completely change your mindset. When you think intellectually, you rely on a framework of logic based on the information in front of you. Learn about the many ways you can improve your personal and spiritual life by thinking more with your gut.
Your Left vs. Right Brain
- Left brain – Logical, analytical, intellectual and rational.
- Right brain – Creative, intuitive, thoughtful and sensitive.
- Which one are you—left-brained or right-brained? Do you focus more on solving things or helping people? Both have value and we each have tendencies toward both. But understanding which you favor can help in your journey to how to change your mindset.
- Whether you’re left- or right-brained, focus on thinking intuitively (not intellectually) in order to stay on your life’s true path, and live your life to its highest potential!
Benefits of Thinking Intuitively
- You’re taking more into account. When you think with your gut, you consider hundreds of factors based on your past experience. This volume of data especially helps with large decisions.
- You’ll be more successful. Every great leader knows that responding to those intuitive feelings (when something feels right or wrong from deep within you) is what counts most.
- You will be empowered. Always looking for answers externally? Empowerment thinking puts you as the driver of your success. Become empowered by knowing that everything you need to be happy is already within you. You carry all the answers—from how to land that job, to how to improve your relationship!
- You’ll gain more confidence. Focus on the feelings from your gut and you’ll be able to value how you feel about yourself and what you’re capable of. Follow your intuition and you’ll often make the right choice, which will cause you to become more aware and secure about your decision-making process.
- You’ll connect with your spiritual self. Want a deeper connection to your higher self, or the Divine? Follow your intuition, and have a spiritual experience—evolve, transform and become more enlightened just by going within.
You Can Learn About Your Purpose of Life
- Intuition can help you find a better life; focus on what seem like whisperings and “nudges” from within, and get back onto your true life’s path.
- Don’t talk yourself out of your own best ideas. Trust your gut by saying this affirmation: “I am guided by my intuition constantly, and trust it and respond to it fully.”
- Leave your ego at the door. Don’t let negative thoughts keep you from trusting your intuition.
- If you can’t rationalize what your gut is telling you, go with it anyways. Intuition is almost always right, even if you can’t logically validate the “nudge” you get at the time.
- Find time to write a journal about the times you make major decisions and how you came to the decision. You’ll gain confidence as you see yourself avoiding bad decisions and feeling more joy in life.
- Everyone has an ability to heighten their intuition, even though more sensitive people can tap into their intuition immediately. Learn how to access those gut feelings with practice (pay attention to patterns in your life that show up unexpectedly, for example).
A Few Last Words …
Your intuition, like the thoughts you send out, is one of the most powerful tools you have to work with, to change your mindset and to guide you through life. Since no one can tell you what’s best for you, or what will make you happiest, think from your gut instead of thinking from a rational and intellectual standpoint and always make the choice that’s right for you.
Some other reading you might find helpful includes: